If you’re overseeing the social media content for your business, it may be helpful to know some social media statistics. Below are 5 statistics that might make you reevaluate how you’re managing social media websites:
1. THE FASTEST GROWING DEMOGRAPHIC ON TWITTER IS THE 55-64 YEAR AGE BRACKET
• this demographic has grown 79%
• the 45-54 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on both Facebook and Google+
• for Facebook, this group has jumped 46%, for Google+, this group has jumped 56%
2. 189 MILLION OF FACEBOOK’S USERS ARE “MOBILE ONLY”
• wow! that’s A LOT of mobile users, eh?
• there are probably more users accessing Facebook from mobile devices than you thought
• it’s worth considering how your content displays on mobile devices
3. YOUTUBE REACHES MORE ADULTS AGED 18-34 THAN ANY CABLE NETWORK
• will TV be replaced in the distant future?
• if you’ve been putting off adding video to your online marketing, now’s the time to give it a go!
• start with a simple five-minute video explaining what your company does or introducing your team
4. EVERY SECOND, TWO NEW MEMBERS JOIN LINKEDIN
• LinkedIn is a social network for professionals who want to connect to others in their industry
• this is a site which focuses on connecting professionals
• although LinkedIn is gathering new users at a fast rate, users are not participating as much as other sites
5. 25% OF FACEBOOK USERS DON’T BOTHER WITH PRIVACY SETTINGS
• Facebook has been in the news several times over privacy issues
• Instagram users recently got into a commotion due to a change of their terms and services
• as time progresses, social media users have become more conscious of their privacy online
Social media users might have very different priorities than what you expect. Your social media strategy should come down to what your goals are, who your target market is, but it doesn’t hurt to pay attention to the trends happening across the web. Hopefully, these statistics will help you to identify trends that will affect your strategy and help you adjust it as well.
Don’t forget to visit our social media websites!