Merchant Advance Capital Ltd. is a national financial services company that provides working capital to small and medium-sized businesses throughout Canada. The company is seeking an Applications Associate for their Head Office in downtown Vancouver, BC. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that boasts an exciting, dynamic, and progressive work environment.
The Applications Team is the nervous system of the organization! As a member of this team, you will be reporting to the Applications Team Manager and processing applications for clients who are seeking funding. You will be processing and reviewing applications, assessing their qualification based on pre-determined criteria and sharing agreements with our partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze submissions to determine if the submission can be declined at the earliest stage
- Create leads in CRM by performing various data entry tasks and follow up on Opportunities needing attention
- Gather, organize and input/assess financial information
- Prioritize requests from Partners and review incoming requests (reading, replying to and prioritizing emails, creating internal notes and file prep for team members)
- Save items (organize and rename), and approve documents
- Work with proprietary data-scoring model by inputting sales and other details required for application assessment
- Work collaboratively with the applications teams, underwriters, and other departments as needed
- Participate in weekly Functional and Committee Meetings as needed
Required experience, knowledge and skills:
- Self-motivated, results driven, and professional
- Ability to work in agile work environment, multi-task and change priorities quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to cross-reference information for accuracy
- Able to adapt and follow new procedures and policies
- Impeccable organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and under pressure
- Strong investigative skills and ability to analyze businesses
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Minimum typing speed of 50wpm
- Work experience in an Administrative or Financial role preferred
- French language skills would be an asset
To Apply please follow this link for the Applications Associate role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates for further consideration will be contacted.