Merchant Growth is a national financial services company that provides working capital to small and medium-sized businesses throughout Canada. The company is seeking an Administrative Associate for their Originations team at their Head Office in downtown Vancouver. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that boasts an exciting, dynamic, and progressive work environment.
The Originations Team is the nervous system of the organization! As a member of this team, you will be reporting to the Head of Originations and processing applications for clients who are seeking funding. You will be processing and reviewing applications, assessing their qualification based on pre-determined criteria and sharing agreements with our partners.
Employment Type: Full Time, Monday to Friday
Location: Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze submissions to determine if the submission can be declined at the earliest stage
- Able to manage the lifecycle of a deal
- Create leads in CRM by performing various data entry tasks and follow up on Opportunities needing attention
- Gather, organize, enter and input/assess financial information
- Prioritize requests from Partners and review incoming requests (reading, replying to and prioritizing emails, creating internal notes and file prep for team members)
- Save items (organize and rename), and approve documents
- Work with proprietary data scoring model by inputting sales and other details required for application assessment
- Agreement creation and verification of customer details (business & individuals)
- Gather and synthesize industry information from multiple research sources, including the internet, credit/bankruptcy and industry reports, etc.
- Work collaboratively with originations team, underwriters, and other departments as needed
- Participate in weekly team meetings as needed
Required experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and professional work ethic
- Ability to work in an agile work environment, multi-task and change priorities quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to cross-reference information for accuracy
- Able to adapt and follow new procedures and policies
- Impeccable organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and under pressure
- Strong investigative skills and the ability to analyze businesses
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Minimum typing speed of 50wpm
- Work experience in an Administrative or Financial role preferred
- French language skills would be an asset
What We Offer
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Company paid certification & course fees
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Company paid monthly MSP premiums
- Monthly Team Lunch and Learns
- Quarterly Bonuses
- On-site Fitness Facility
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure in a workplace located in the heart of beautiful downtown Vancouver! (We’re located on the top floor in a Coal Harbour high-rise!)
To apply please follow this link for the Administrative Associate role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates for further consideration will be contacted.