Merchant Advance Capital Ltd. is a national financial services company that provides working capital to small and medium-sized businesses throughout Canada. We are seeking a bilingual (French) Client Support Administrator for our Head Office in downtown Vancouver. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced team that boasts an exciting, dynamic, and progressive work environment.
The Support Team at Merchant Advance is a driven group of client advocates who are always working to make the client experience better. They handle all client inquiries during the post-funding stage. The Support Team’s office space is not only a hub for calls and emails but also a supportive space to share solution and ideas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling most of the administrative tasks in the Support Team, as well as handling all French calls and emails. This person will be the first point of contact for brokers when they have questions regarding renewal opportunities or commission payments and will field all customer inquiries relating to renewals.
Responsibilities will also include ensuring documents are organized appropriately and keeping inward and outward-facing content up to date. This role is best suited for an individual with strong communication skills in both French and English, who has excellent attention to detail and the ability to stay calm under pressure. Merchant Advance Capital offers excellent perks and benefits, as well as a friendly and fun corporate culture!
Duties & Responsibilities:
Post-Funding/Ensuring smooth handoff from Underwriting to the Support Team:
- Registering PPSAs after initial funding.
Inputting forecast financial data for newly funded merchants.
- Assigning macros for newly funded merchants.
- Tracking all direct and two-part payouts to minimize the risk of stacking.
Collecting PPSA discharge statements from clients who carry registrations from competitors.
- Fielding inquiries relating to the Merchant Advance Insurance Plan and Business Protection Insurance.
Collecting, digitizing, and organizing insurance documents and updating the database/lead accordingly.
Daily Account Maintenance/Administration:
- Draft payout letters, account statements, demand letters, and balance confirmation letters.
- Renewing, amending, discharging PPSA registrations
- Track payouts and apply manual and discretionary payments to reconcile accounts.
- Update bank account information.
- Update client email and other client information as needed (CRM maintenance).
- Reset client portal login information.
- Initiate and maintain payment plans.
- Closing fully paid accounts and sending fully paid emails.
- Maintaining the Payout Tracker
Conducting monthly to Customer Experience Manager on buyout figures
General Support Team Administration:
- Updating and creating content for Support Team training manual and Merchant Handbook/Knowledge Base
- Developing protocol for and updating systems for new Support team member onboarding (Help Scout, Google Docs, Any.do, workflows, etc.)
Field incoming customer service inquiries via phone, email, and chat.
Field incoming broker inquiries.
- Investigate and fix commissions and participation payment issues.
Working with Customer Experience Manager, brokers, and underwriters to explore and maximize renewal opportunities.
- Analyzing and improving the daily Top-Up Opportunities lists.
- Proactively selling renewals for less involved brokers (CPS, Friday top ups brokers).
- Administering renewal holds where appropriate.
Streamlining and enhancing renewal data collection.
Assisting Customer Experience Manager with both day-to-day general and periodic wide-scope tasks as needed.
Covering for Client Systems Support Officer and Client Support Officer when absent.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years of sales or customer service experience (telephone, email, online chat).
- Attention to detail and highly resourceful.
- Comfortable in a busy operation and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Comfortable working independently as well as within a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy, Intermediate to Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel.
To Apply please follow this link for the Customer Support role. We look forward to connecting with you.